Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Holding on for dear life!



Wow, it is 2012! Seriously! How did this happen? It was just 1991 and I was graduating from high school with the world at my fingertips. I had it all planned out, and I guess "big picture" I got pretty close, it is just those fine details that I had no idea about, much less how to live through them. I just finished reading "Choosing to See" by Mary Beth Chapman so I am feeling a little mushie-gushie. If you have not read it, it is a great read, very emotional, but excellently done. (Is excellently a word? If it is that would make a killer "Words With Friends" word!) Anyway, Steven and Mary Beth lost a daughter in a tragic accident that involved one of their sons hitting her with his car. A parents worst nightmare, except you can't even come up with something that horrible. Anyway, it was a very honest and open account of this lady and her family trying to pick up the pieces of their lives and live them through faith that God is in control and that ultimately, our time on earth pales in significance to what Heaven and eternity will be like. So of course, reading all of this has made me look at my own two and wonder, am I enjoying it enough? Do I find joy in picking up the socks that are all over the house, because I have a messy little boy leaving them there. One day he will be grown, and to be quite honest, Tim is a pretty tidy guy. Or do I find joy in the homework and projects they bring home? One day there will be no more projects and I won't have to call out spelling words over, and over and over! But that is just it, my kids are growing up... FAST! I just wish and hope that I have and will take the time to slow down and "smell the roses" as they say. I want to cherish every drive to soccer, every time I brush hair or put a braid on that beautiful young ladies head and LOVE it when she still lets me put a bow in! My babies are growing up, and I am so thankful to be their mom, with all the good, bad, fun, frustrating, neat, messy, hurried, laid-back moments I get with them! I thank God that he blessed me with them... even when I am ready to pinch their sweet little heads clean off! Motherhood.. nothing better!

0 comments: