Monday, June 23, 2008

Wedding Bells

This weekend we traveled about 1000 miles to be with Tim's brother Brian and his new wife Sara to celebrate their wedding. The kids are fantastic travelers so the trip was easy (minus $3.96/gallon gas). The kids were the ring bearer and flower girl and did a fantastic job. Claire really stole the show with her flower tossing skills. She would throw them straight up into the air so they would cascade down. There were a few times when her feet left the ground in an effort to get them that much higher in the air. Precious! When she got to her place she looked at me and said "Mom, did you see me, I did it, I did Great!" in a whisper just loud enough for the whole crowd to hear. I was laughing so hard I had tears streaming down my face. She took her job very seriously and she looked beautiful too. She absolutely loved having curls in her hair. Brock gave me quite a scare the week leading up to the wedding and even the night of rehearsal. He wasn't going to do it. Period. Fortunately, the day of the wedding being dressed up got the best of him and he did a fantastic job. He had the funniest look of admiration on his face for Claire's flower throwing skills. Once they made it down the aisle he went and sat on the step at Tim's feet. He played with the pillow until it was time to walk out. The wedding was really sweet and everything went off great. Congratulations Brian & Sara, may you have many years of happiness together.










2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

They both look precious. That flower girl dress is the prettiest one I have EVER seen!

annie said...

So proud of Claire & Brock performing their duties so well! They both look darling---know you hardly even noticed the bride & groom for watching them. :)