Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Summer Fun!

I was so freaked out by the start of the school year that I didn't get around to posting about the end of our summer. Tim and I took the kids to Silver Dollar City and White Water in Branson for a few days. It was a great get away, and I am so glad that we did something fun before school started. Life hasn't been quite so care free since! On the way home, we stayed at the lakehouse for a few days and the whole family was there. The kids loved being around the cousins and watching Pops (my dad) ski. Here are a few pics from along the week before D-day (Aug 18th).
BTW... school update: Claire is doing amazing, and is off to a fantastic start. This is such a blessing because her brother, well, not so much! Last Friday when I picked him up at school there was a note on his color sheet that said "work on coloring". I say color sheet, but there was very little color on it. Anyway, I said "Brock, what is this? Cade (a two year old) can color better than this." He looked at me with all seriousness and said "Mom, coloring is a waste of my time." It has gone downhill from there.
Silver Dollar City


after a long day and many water rides!

Lakehouse

his signature finale!
Happy thoughts...



2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

Who can argue with a statement like that. I love that Brock. He says it like it is!

tondays said...

Brock - that's why I love him! Good luck w/the coloring!