Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Holding Steady

Wow, that is all I can say. I knew that being PTA President was going to be a busy job, but wow, I am barely holding my head above water here. It has been nuts. I am holding out hope that it will all slow down after the 26th (Grandparents Day). After that day, t-shirt sales will be over, the first big event of the year will be behind me and the Fundraisers will be almost done too. I will say that I am down to one thing that I need to delegate, and I will that I have things under control for the moment. It has been a real challenge getting things figured out and learning what was supposed to be PTA led and what wasn't. Hopefully when it is my turn (in two years) to turn over the helm I will be able to give that person a little bit more guidance than I got since they all left for the new school. Keep me in your prayers that I will lead this group well and represent myself as a Christian woman. I truly feel led to this job (and I do mean job).
The kids are doing well with school and their various activities. Claire has a big report to give tomorrow on Squanto. The parents and kids in her class will be all eye on her for the time it takes her to read her report. I am praying that she doesn't get nervous and will do well. She did great last year for her Presidents report so I have my fingers crossed for her. Claire has started a gymnastics class one day a week. She is in class with another girl from her class at school. She is really enjoying it which makes me happy. I am hoping they will be able to teach her a cartwheel. I have tried but she isn't interested in me teaching her anything. The one thing I actually know I am good at and she won't let me work with her. AARGH. Brock is adjusting to the fact that he has to do the work at school. He still thinks that coloring is a waste of his time, but at least he is doing it. He started playing soccer a few weeks ago and loves it. He has his first actual game on Saturday. I am anxious to see him in the competitive setting.
I will post pictures of Claire doing her report soon. I will be at Duck Duck Goose for the rest of the week so look for them next week.

2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

If anyone can do the job of PTA President and do it well, it is YOU!

tondays said...

you can do it Jill - I have seen you in action, and you have the will & power to tackle such an enormous job!