Monday, January 19, 2009

Let the Games Begin!

Brock had his first basketball game on Saturday, and it was a success. He had an absolute blast! He got in the truck to leave and he shouted "I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT, I LOOOOOVVVVVEEEE ITTTTTT!!!!" I took that to mean that he enjoyed playing the game. He grinned the whole time, and was so excited every time his team scored. He didn't make any baskets, but that didn't dull his enthusiasm any. Tim and I told him that it was most important to be a good team mate, to have fun and learn more about playing the game. He did all three so we were proud. One of the highlights was that he got to play against some of his buddies. Cole Shoemaker was on the other team. Colin was supposed to be but can't play with the bum leg. A highlight for all of us was that Eli made a surprise entrance into the game. Their team ran short on players so Jason had Eli put on a jersey and play. (I need to interject that Eli is one of my very favorite kids, ever. He is so funny to me, and I just LOVE to watch him do anything, especially anything that involves running.) To have been so much younger, he did awesome. He and Brock even got to "guard" each other, but I am not sure that is what you should call it. Laughing and hugging keeping the ball away from each other would be a closer fit. They had fun and that is what counts. I am really disappointed in my camera because it didn't do well inside. It is a great outdoor camera, but inside it really stinks. I am going to start saving my pennies for a Mac Daddy camera, but that will have to go along with the Wii games and accessories. Yes, I got a Wii last week. I couldn't help myself honestly. After New Years Eve, I just had to have one. We have spent more time playing together as a family in the last week than we have in a long time too. Usually, everyone does their own thing, but now we are playing together, so I am counting the Wii as a good addition. Brock can legit beat us at bowling, so i am going to practice when he goes to school. I will not lose to an almost 6 year old! Anyway, here are the pictures from the game.
This is Brock after his team scored. It is blurry but he is doing the Tiger Woods "yes"
Bringing the ball upcourt
Friends make sitting on the sidelines so much more fun!
This the "I got my eye on you" and "Who Me?"
Matching wristbands means that is who you are supposed to guard (or hug)

2 comments:

LET said...

Those are good pictures! We will have to get a Wii sometime. We're waiting until we get a new TV. Hey, I tagged you on my blog, but I think I forgot to tell you about it-it's just 6 random things about yourself. Glad you had a great Christmas! Tell everyone hi for me.

Leigh Ann said...

Love it! He is so cute and getting so big!