Sunday, February 1, 2009

100th day and Chinese New Year

Some fun things that happened this week were that we had Chinese New Year and then 100th day of school celebration. Chinese New Year is a huge kindergarten tradition at Baker. They learn all about the Chinese heritage and culture, sample a bunch of Chinese food and then have a parade down the school halls with dragons, noisemakers and money collectors. The upper grades line the halls and throw "money" at them and cheer. It is so much fun for everyone. Also, Claire celebrated the 100th day of school. I made her this sweatshirt to wear in honor of the day. Brock is actually going to celebrate the 100th day tomorrow. Should be fun. He loves to count to 100, but 88 is his favorite number because it is Jr's (Dale Earnhardt Jr.) number. That is thanks to my nephew Benjamin. I am pretty sure that my camera is allergic to 2nd grade because everytime I go on a field trip or to a party in her room my camera goes on the fritz. That is why there is a lack of pictures from her party.


FYI: I normally will try and match up my playlist with whatever is on the blog, but tonight I am just in the mood for some James Taylor. You can just pretend that they go together.

0 comments: