Sunday, July 12, 2009

Disney Again...and Summers End

This post doesn't have a real theme like the rest of them, just odds and ends pictures. I still can't believe that vacation was real. It was too good to be true. I loved spending time with the four of us with no outside responsibilities. I loved always having a little hand in mine, but all the time knowing that those days are slipping by quickly. This summer was a very magical time and I am sad to see it come to an end. We have had some fantastic times, and made amazing memories that I know I will never forget.
Meeting Frozone from the Incredibles
The characters from UP, which we saw while we were there.

Having fun while we waited in line

Our last big meal at Disney World was at Ohana. It was an amazing meal and I ate WWWAAAAYYY too much!

Fun Pictures from outside our hotel. We stayed at All Star Movies and the different areas had different themes. It wasn't the Ritz Carlton, but it was great for us.



On the bus on the way to the airport. It was a magical vacation all the way around.



This summer was one of my very favorites in my life. The kids were so much fun and enjoyed life to the fullest. This summer I didn't commit us to anything except for soccer camp in August. Looking back, I am so thankful because we all needed to relax. Next summer I will have a 9 year old and a 7 year old. That sounds so old and I can't figure out where the years went. I am just so thankful that I have had the chance to be with them full time. I will never take for granted how lucky I have been to get this chance. I hope that one of these days they will decide that they were lucky too. The summer is over and we will be starting back our school routine on Wednesday. I am dreading the mornings! We have had a very laid back, non-structured summer, and it has been fantastic. So the whole getting up, getting dressed and out the door lacks any appeal that it might have ever had. I will miss the sound of their voices in the other room, the fun of going to the pool and hanging out doing a whole lot of nothing. Oh well, no one asked me if school should start, but it is anyway. I know that this school year will bring great things. I am going to enjoy their teachers, their classmates and all that they will learn. It will be my last year as PTA President, so I am praying that I will be able to use this year to further improve the facilities and leave a lasting impression on the parents, teachers and children that I serve and represent. It is a job that I don't take lightly and put my all into. Anyway, I am trying really hard to keep my post-summer blues and anxieties away and allow God to have the ultimate control of my thoughts. I am praying for all of you guys too that the back to school transition will be smooth.







0 comments: