Sunday, July 12, 2009

Epcot and Hollywood Studios (round 2)

Okay so the first post was really long! But I warned you that I took 500+ pictures! Anyway, here is how the next few days played out...

Day 4 - Epcot
Today we met the King's and Pollards at Epcot. It was so much fun to see them and although I had seen them a month earlier, it had been a year since Tim and the kids had been with them. We had so much fun spending this day together. The only downer was me and the fact that I ended up having to go back to the room because I was so dizzy that I couldn't continue. I think that I had nearly had a heat stroke the day before and was still feeling the effects. Anyway, until that happened we had a fantastic day. We rode Soarin (very cool), ate in Mexico (the best salsa Ever!) and saw the countries. We even saw a few Prince & Princesses that day.






Beckham after he found out that he could ride Soarin, SOOO happy!
Beckham ran out of gas, thank heavens for the stroller!
Girls Picture!
It was so much fun getting to have our friends with us while we were there. I loved watching the kids together. The girls were so excited to see each other which just made my heart melt. Old friends are the best friends. I wish they could be together more, but we are happy with any time we can get. Claire even got to meet Baby Paxton which has been her hearts desire since he arrived a few months ago. That girl loves her babies. It was such a great day, but my favorite part was when Greg, Shannon, Tim and I were sitting on a bench waiting for Nina, Poppa and the girls to get off of Soarin. We sat and people watched and laughed for quite awhile and to be honest I could have done that all day and called it one of my favorites! Kings, thanks for joining us, we loved it and we miss you guys like crazy!
Day 5... Back to Hollywood Studios
Since Saturday at HS had been so crowded and we didn't really get to see everything that we wanted we went back on Monday. Our intention in doing this was so that Brock could see/do Jedi Training by the Star Wars ride. The way it works is that there is a "Jedi" that chooses about 10 boys out of the crowd and lets them come up on stage to go through training and then they actually get to fight Darth Vader. So we got there about 30 minutes before the show started and sat on the front row waiting & hoping that Brock would be chosen. The guy came out on stage and Brock was chosen! I told Tim that I didn't realize how emotionally involved I was in him getting chosen, but I honestly think that I might have cried if he hadn't. Anyway, it was one of the major highlights of his trip. I have to say that it was pretty cool!
Waiting to see if he was going to be chosen
"Pick Me, Pick Me"
He was chosen!
In Training
Fighting Darth Vader
He did so well that they named him a Patawan and he got a certificate. I think that you can see how proud and excited he was! Tim and I were pretty excited too!
We also had reservations to eat at the 50's Prime Time Cafe. This was so much fun and the food was excellent. I highly recommend that you go here if your ever at HS!
We also saw the Beauty and the Beast show this day. It was such a great show.
While we were there we found the Monsters Inc. characters Mike & Sulley. But, Sulley left for a break right as we got to the front of the line so we didn't get our picture with him. Notice someone missing from the pics? Yep, Claire Bear. There were several of the characters that she deemed "too scary", "too tall" or "too loud". Brock however, not so much, he liked and wanted to meet them all. He also wanted to get all of their autographs in his "yearbook" (autograph book). So we did our best to meet as many as possible.
Look what else we found while we were there... Our favorite movie of all times is going to have a 3quel! We will for sure be seeing this one!
That night we decided to go see the fireworks at Epcot. Since we had time to kill we decided to take a round trip on the monorail. We were the first ones in line so we were able to sit up front with the driver. This was really cool! Although in recent weeks they have had a monorail wreck so I doubt this will be allowed much longer. Glad we got to go when we did!
These were some really fun days and we made some really fantastic memories. The kids may not actually remember them, but they are times that I will cherish them forever.

0 comments: