Friday, May 9, 2008

The Cutest Catcher I have EVER seen!



Tonight Brock and the Cardinals had a ballgame, and it was Brock's best night of baseball yet. He played with a total intensity that I have not seen out of him up to this point. Here is why... last game he got tagged out at 1st base, which was bad, but it was only made worse because it was a girl 1st baseman. Ouch! Tonight he wasn't going to play because he didn't want to get tagged out again. He loves the movie The Incredibles, so I told him he need to run fast like Dash and then he wouldn't get out. He wanted to wear his Incredibles tshirt under his jersey, but we forgot to bring it, whoops! However, I improvised and drew/"tattooed" the Incredibles "I" on his chest which worked for him. He played Incredible. He was lead off batter, and he had instructed me in what to say, which I did. This is what I yelled to my son, "Lets go Dash, hit it and run!" So he got a good hit and tore it up on the way to 1st. Then on his way to 2nd the 2nd baseman got the ball and chased him to 2nd. He saw him trying to tag him and put it into another gear and beat him. His face was hilarious! He had great satisfaction from knowing he beat him in the "race".
See the resemblance? Look close and you can see the I on his chest.

Then when it was their turn in the field he got put in as Catcher, which in Rookie 5 league is a BIG deal to the kids. He was so cute! I hope that you will indulge me because I am putting 100 pictures on here. He was so excited and totally engaged and you could tell he was having fun. He even had a great play at shortstop after he was through at catcher. Tim and I both had so much fun watching him realize he is good at this game, and figuring out how to manipulate him to play well. Parenting 101 right there!




3 comments:

Dixie said...

You were right these are the cutest pictures EVER! Looks like Doug may have a future Mustang Baseball player right there!!

Leigh Ann said...

I love it! I don't think there is anything better as a parent than finding something your child is passionate about. I love the pictures. He DOES actually look a lot like Dash. And, hey, whatever works, right?

Cortney said...

We really needed a picture of the toe-touchin' pitcher last night. The whole "Incredibles" thing is great...I really see a resemblance to Dash!!!