Monday, May 12, 2008

Sweet Claire

Well most of my post lately have been about Brock. He is the one that takes up most of my time because Claire, bless her heart, is just easy 90% of the time. She is finishing up 1st grade, and has had a wonderful year. She has had a fantastic teacher that she absolutely adores, and classmates that you can only dream about. They are such a great group of kids, and I have had so much fun being around them. You don't get to say that about a group of 7 year olds very often. I am going to miss this little group if they are not together next year. The last two Tuesdays we have been on Field Trips. The first trip was to the IMAX theater and then to the Clinton Library. Their favorite part of that was playing on the grassy hill while we waited for our turn to go into the library. They were exhausted by the time we got in and were nodding off on the bus ride back to school.


This is Claire and her best friend


Group Shot at the IMAX

Fountains are too much for 7 year olds to resist!




Waiting for our turn...




Group shot at Clinton Library



Still waiting

Having fun!

The second field trip was to Phifer Camp and River City Gymnastics. At Phifer Camp, they hiked in the woods, made name tags out of tree slices and played with the parachute. We ate lunch out there and then headed to River City Gymnastics. Claire and I are not really the "outdoorsy" type, so the first part of the day was close to misery for us. The bugs were everywhere and then when we got home we each had a tick. Ticks freak me out, and I was horrible when I found one on her. I did nothing to help calm her down bless her heart. I decided that if they do this field trip when Brock is in 1st grade, Tim can go! The second half was great! The staff at River City did a fantastic job! They were so prepared and did a great job of having different things for the kids to do. They all loved it! This was also Miss Fields birthday, so I left there and went back to school and set up her birthday party. It was nice to end the busy day with a piece of cake, literally. Here are the highlights from that trip. Notice how Claire looks none to thrilled! She is my child after all!

Finally having fun!

3 comments:

Cortney said...

I love this girl! I'm glad they are ending the year with some fun trips--I love that last picture of Claire!

Leigh Ann said...

I love that little Claire bear! I'm with you...ticks freak me out, too! I'm so proud of Claire. I can't believe you almost have a 2nd grader!!! Oh my word!

Traci said...

Hi Jill, I came across your blog through Shannon's. I graduated from CAC and went to Harding. I think you were a couple years older. I'm not sure if you remember me or not. I enjoyed reading about your family. You can check out my blog if your interested tracijohnstonfamily.blogspot.com

Traci Busby Johnston