Tuesday, November 13, 2007

About Emergencies...




Well apparently my precious daughter has been learning about 911 at school. The reason I know this is because this morning at 6:45 AM I received a call from the 911 call center. It seems as if my daughter was hungry and needed some help. Since I had not woken up just yet she remembered what she had been taught and called 911! Here is how I woke up this morning. I am in bed still fighting off the alarm clock by hitting snooze when the phone rang. Now I don't know about your house, but my phone does not ring at 6:45 AM unless someone really needs to tell me something important. I see the Caller ID said "City of LR" which I thought was strange, I thought about not answering it but did anyway. The voice of a lady I didn't know spoke the following words to me: "Mam, your child just called and told us that she was HUNGRY." I was still in a fog of course but I was immediately wide awake! My reply was something like "She did WHAT?" She said "Well Mam, she called and told us that you were not awake yet, and that she was hungry." I looked at my precious daughter and said "Claire, did you call 911????" She said "Yes I was hungry and I needed help." I apologized to the Lady profusely and guaranteed her that we would discuss what emergencies were and why we should call 911." She laughed and said "We just wanted you to know that she was up and moving around in the house, it happens more than you would think." Thank heavens Claire talked to someone with a sense of humor! So if any of you have to testify in my behalf that I do in fact feed my children you will understand why they call you. This is just another day in the life of the Ballards.




Anyway, yesterday I took the kids out and did a quick photography session in someone's yard that I have never met. They have the most beautiful tree right now and so I borrowed their yard for a few minutes. Brock was in a cooperative mood, but Claire not so much. I may try again with her tomorrow. Here are the pics that I got of them.




2 comments:

Jamie said...

Well, you titled your blog so appropriately--never a dull moment. That was such a funny story. It really made me laugh! Loved the pictures!

Little Rock Real Estate said...

That is great. I love the pics too.

Shelly Dahl