Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I think I may be crafty afterall...

Okay so after the lampshade my confidence was boosted, and I have begun to venture out of my box. I wanted something for my front door but didn't want the normal wreath. So last night I went to Hobby Lobby and began pooling all of my creativity and here is what I came up with. I was sitting in the floor putting it all together and Tim just kept looking at me trying to figure out what had gotten into me. Anyway, here is my front door...



The next project I decided to tackle was my Christmas cards that I have sent out over the years. My sister has the pictures from each year framed and always displays them at Christmas. I thought that was a really neat idea and wanted to copy. I have been sending (as most of you know) the cards you get from Sam's, Walmart or anywhere which are a really odd size. I looked several places and determined that there were no frames that size, and I would have to come up with something else. Here is what I ended up with. I found two $5 11x14 frames at Walmart then got a yard of Christmas fabric for $2.50. I wrapped the cardboard in the fabric and glued it down. I then arranged the pictures onto the fabric. I think that they look really neat and they were cheap and easy. What more could you want!


Anyway, that is what I have been up to lately. I am rather excited to find this side of myself!
As for the whole Razorback situation, here is my opinion. I feel like I have just witnessed a large group of four year olds throwing a major fit in the floor only to get their way. (The fact that Wally Hall isn't much taller that a four year old may be swaying my thought process. Not that I can really comment on someones shortness, but I will.) Anyway, I am glad Houston got a great new job and wish him and his family well. I will not be surprised in the least when he brings his team and repeatedly kicks our tails and smiles while doing it. I think he deserves that after all he and his family have endured this past year. In the off chance that the classy person or people who have been vandalizing his elderly mothers house should be reading this I just want to say "ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?" I hope that you are happy with your efforts to terrorize an elderly woman over COLLEGE FOOTBALL. You are so cool. I wish being a Razorback fan was a club that the rest of us were allowed to kick other people out of. It is people like that who give Arkansans the reputation that we have. Nice. I hope the Head Hogs up on the hill are able to pull in a great coach and we win a lot, but I am curious about how long it will be until the same group of four year old fit throwers will be dissatisfied and they start pitching a fit all over again. Any guesses?

2 comments:

Jamie said...

WOW! Super ideas for the door and the Christmas cards! I am very impressed!

Melissa Halford said...

Ryan wants to tell you the "WHOLE" story on the Nutt situation sometime. Although I don't agree how some white trash fans have handled themselves, there is so much more to the rest of the story. Atleast we still have D-Mac though huh?

Your Xmas stuff looks awesome by the way!