Friday, November 23, 2007

I think that I am finished!

We moved into our house three years ago on December 23rd (yes we moved in 3 days before Christmas). It has taken me this long to finish decorating. I have had all but two rooms finished for awhile now, but the dining room and what is now a sun room are now 90% complete (minus a few pictures). I am thrilled to have it finished, and just in time for us to put the house on the market in March (assuming that the market picks up). Anyway, I have to have a show and tell moment. I feel the need to start out with this statement, I AM NOT CRAFTY! I have never been the crafty type, but this past week the crafty bug bit me. In getting together finishing touches for the sun room, I felt that the room needed a lamp. I looked at several stores, but the lamps that appealed to me were way out of my meager budget. I love to wander through the Goodwill store because occasionally you can stumble across something really cool, and guess what, I found a lamp. It wasn't very attractive, but it was $6.50. That is when the craft bug bit. I bought the lamp and headed to Hancock Fabric where I found the perfect fabric and trim to match my rug (TJ Maxx and more). Then I went to the Hardware store and bought some spray paint. I couldn't wait to get started, but I wouldn't let myself until I had the house clean. Anyway, tonight while I watched the HOGS BEAT LSU!!!!!!!!!!! I worked on the lampshade, and I am thrilled to show you my before and after pictures!


I know it isn't anything to make Martha Stewart jealous, but for a non-crafty person it isn't too bad. My fingers are burned to a crisp from the hot glue gun, but hey look at my lamp. If your ever over please don't look at it too closely or you will see how inexperienced at lampshade recovering I am.

I hope that you have all had a great Thanksgiving. We had a wonderful lunch at my Mom's with all of her brothers and sisters and most of their children & grandchildren. It was the first time in a very long time that all six of the siblings had been in the same place so that was really neat. Then tonight, well what can I say but GO HOGS! That was really the most amazing win in Razorback history. My brother was on the sidelines and watched it up close and in person. I am going to try and hold back my jealousy. Tomorrow I will spend all day decorating the house for Christmas. The kids are so excited about getting the tree up so that should be a fun time. I will post pictures of that later. I better get to bed so I will have the energy to get it all done. Seasons Greetings!

1 comments:

Melissa Halford said...

Very impressed and LOVE IT! Could you even believe the Razorback game? That was crazy! Why couldn't we have all been there?