Monday, March 10, 2008

Court Case In Georgia!

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/MindMoodNews/story?id=4402930&page=1


There has been a ruling in Georgia this week for a family that says that their daughters autistic symptoms WERE caused by the immunizations. They are saying that she had a pre-existing condition that caused a reaction to her shots. I admire this family for their fight and am wondering if now is the time to stand up and start fighting too. I know that there are going to be thousands of parents who are also going to begin to feel that we have a valid fight on our hands. It should give me peace to know that we are gaining ground, but it doesn't. It makes me furious. I want to go throw this report into the face of the "Dr." who told me all that was wrong was a lack of discipline. I want to scream and yell at someone, but what good would that do? I just hope that now it will open up a real dialogue within the medical community and see if we can get this stopped so other young mothers don't have their babies taken away from them, not physically, but spiritually. There is no way that I will ever be able to describe the heartache that Tim and I have lived through over the past few years all because Drs don't want to take the time to recheck the research on this one. I know that there are other mothers who read this blog that empathize with me and are living this nightmare too. I would love to hear from you how you feel about this ruling. I could use some counseling here! Why is this making me so mad?
Hey if John Land is reading this .... good things can happen in Georgia!

3 comments:

Cortney said...

I saw this family on Good Morning America the other day. It will be exciting and interesting to see what this "turns up". Did a doctor really say to you that Claire had a "lack of discipline"? I wish he/she could see the absolute SWEETHEART and well-mannered child that she is at the ripe old age of 7. Love ya!

Leigh Ann said...

I'm right there with you. I'm a ball of emotions...mad and sad. I'm mad because for the longest all us moms were screaming there is a link and now four years later after our diagnosis, there is just now a glimmer that they might be listening. I'm sad because I'm afraid all of this upcoming news might be too late for us. I'm like you though, sparing any other mother and child for going through this nightmare is a MUST! How do we prove it? With that girl she had the pre-existing condition. Without that documented what can we do? I have been thinking about fighting this, too!

Lauryn said...

I saw the Larry King interview. I feel your heartache and ball of emotions. That is all I can say about it.