Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Baseball Season Begins!

This week we have ushered in the beginning of baseball season. This is such a hectic time of the year for my poor parents, but they love it. This past weekend Blakely and Kayely began their season by playing each other, and then immediately following their game Grant began his. Last night Brock had his opening game at 5:30 and Benjamin started on the field beside his at 5:45. It was and exciting night for Brock. I didn't get to see the game except for the 2 times he batted and through the pictures because I took the 1st shift in the concession stand. He said he had a great time, but his favorite things were being in the dugout and batting. He still doesn't like "gloving". I am looking forward to Friday when I can actually watch the game. I appreciate my dad taking the pictures for me. He even took some of Benjamin for my sister who is at Space Camp with KM.

Funny Story... Kayely was playing Catcher at their game (she is AWESOME! I think it may have to do with Benjamin and his friend Jacob pitching to her. The girl is scared of nothing!). She was catching and Blakely was at bat. Blakely struck out but Kayely dropped the 3rd strike. The coaches screamed for her to run which she did. Kayely overthrew 1st base, and then the rest of her team overthrew and chased the ball as Blakely scored and in the park home run on a strike out. We were all laughing about it after the game and Blakely told us "What can I say I am the Worlds Greatest Striker Outer!" We were all in stitches. On a positive note for KM made the traveling team so she will hopefully see some fun times on that team.


Pre Game Posing

Warming Up


Dug Out Fun
Dad Close By to help



and to cheer

He got tagged out on his way to 3rd and he wasn't happy! He didn't cry though so I was glad of that!

Benjamin looks Huge!

He got a double on this hit.

2 comments:

Cortney said...

So cute! We're looking forward to a fun season -- Go Cards!!!

Leigh Ann said...

So cute in his little uniform. Those pics of Brock and Tim got me a little teary. I KNOW! I love that pic of Claire, too. Sooo cute.