Tuesday, April 1, 2008

New Kids On The Block!


Okay so a couple of you guys, hello Lauryn ~ glad you found my blog!, have referenced my New Kids on the Block song on my play list. There is a story behind it, and I feel compelled to share it. I am a product of the late 80's and early 90's so therefore my music taste are rooted there along with my affinity (although I do try and suppress it) to big hair. I had some big hair! Anyway, my junior year of high school New Kids came to LR. I liked their music but wasn't going to stand in line to get tickets. My dad however, heard that this band was coming to town that all the girls were in love with, so without me knowing he went! (My dad has always spoiled me rotten!)Martha was spending the night with me that night (as was the usual custom), and he woke us up that morning flashing 4 tickets. We were totally surprised and excited. In high school, there were 4 of us who were totally inseparable, and since my boyfriend wasn't going to be caught dead there, we four girls went. It was one of the best times of my life. We had a blast and laughed and screamed and sang for the hours of the concert, and the hours following. It was great. The funny thing about it was that Martha and Kelly were the calm ones of the group and they were the ones screaming the loudest. Jessica and I were in total shock at them and were unusually less vocal. It was such a great night. I am going to go through my old pictures and find the ones of that night. I told Martha that if they really do go back out on tour we are so going! Hopefully, it will be after Jessica moves home from Rwanda, and who knows we may have found Kelly again by then. Those girls made high school so awesome and I love them dearly! So, enjoy the music. I hope that it takes you to a fun place in your history and remember ~ New Kids FOREVER!

4 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

I'm so with you. I LOVED me some NKOTB and also went to a concert where I screamed by head off! :)

Lauryn said...

Hey Jill,
I love it!! Did you happen to see my playlist? Yes, I have Ace of Base and Vanilla Ice.... Nothing like the 80's in music!!

There is a girl at church who has a daughter named Jordan Knight. We all were like -umm, did you do that on purpose or did you just not know who Jordan Knight is?? I don't think she was allowed to listen to anything except Christian music and seemed completely unaware of anyone famous with that name. But all of the rest of us immediately picked up on the name and who that is to us.

So, thanks for taking us back.

BTW - how is everything going?? Are you still doing GFCF?

Cortney said...

One time at a NKOTB concert at Six Flags in St. Louis, there was this girl with her jean jacket on that was dripping with GIGANTIC buttons of her favorite guys (Jordan, Jonathan, Joey, Danny, and Donnie) and Joe pointed at her when he was singing "Please, Don't Go Girl." Yes, that girl was me. The girl in front of me thought he was pointing at her. Let's just say, um, I don't think so.

abc said...

Ahh.. I remember that very concert so well. I'm sure I probably ran into you 4 and I'm certain Andrew was making fun of all of us! Thanks for the memory.

-ashley

p.s. I love Jordan!