Wednesday, September 19, 2007

FIRST GRADE FIASCO!


Well, apparently my daughter caused a lunchroom brawl yesterday at school. It should be noted at this point in the post that six year olds will apparently go to great lengths to get tootsie rolls. My darling daughter (unbeknownst to me) filled her pockets yesterday with tootsie rolls before she left for school. Ms. Fields said that all morning she never played with them or made any mention of them. Then it was time for lunch.. dum dum da dum... As the story was relayed to Ms. Fields by the lunch ladies, who apparently didn't find the humor that Ms. Fields and I did, this is how the story goes. Claire started to get the candy out of her pockets and they started falling all over the floor. When that happened they said it looked like an anthill because kids were diving on the floor, tackling each other, eating them as fast as they could, and throwing them across the room to friends who couldn't get to the stash. Can you imagine? I know that the good mother would be taking this very serious and teaching their child the lesson about not taking candy to school, but I am not her. I think it is hilarious! I guess I have too vivid of an imagination and can just picture it all going down. However, I did tell Claire that she can't take Tootsie rolls to school anymore, and I tried really hard not to smile when I did it. That is going to have to be enough!

4 comments:

Cortney said...

Hilarious! I cannot believe that she was able to wait until lunch to reveal her surprise! That is some restraint. If I had tootsie rolls in my pocket, they would last about 2 seconds before I started eating them!

The Warriors said...

HILARIOUS! Can't wait to ask Claire about it! Missed you at MUGG...sure you had a much higher calling! Just kidding...

JoEllyn said...

FUNNY!!!

Melissa Halford said...

Too funny! Thanks for leaving a comment so I know you are out here! We think about you guys a lot and I am glad to see the kids are doing so well. And big...my goodness! We would love to see yall sometime. When we come home it is always crazy so we will have to plan something ahead of time. Hope to talk soon and keep those pics updated!