Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Goodbye Pain!

Well the day has finally come, and in the morning (5:30AM!) I will go to Baptist hospital and they are going to remove body parts. In case there are guys reading this I am going to try and keep them from cringing. Since I was 15 years old, I have had horrible female problems. HORRIBLE! They always told me that it would be a miracle if I was able to have babies, and thankfully God gave me two wonderful miracles. I am so thankful for my kids that I can't really even put it into words. It was the best day of my life when I found out I was pregnant with Claire. I will never forget the instant that stick showed positive, and I knew that God had just given me the biggest blessing of my life. I felt the same way a year and a few months later when I found out I was pregnant again with Brock. It was a dream come true that I had both of my babies, and I am eternally thankful that God allowed me to carry them. We knew after Brock was born that we were finished having kids. So, there is no reason to continue putting up with horrific pain every month. The doctors (all 3 I consulted) said that I could either schedule this surgery on my own time or I could have it done in an emergency situation when it wouldn't be on my own time. I understand that it is going to be the best thing for me health wise and all, but it is the weirdest thing in the world to wrap my mind around! I am 34 and having a hysterectomy. It makes me feel really old! I wasn't expecting the emotional attachment to my uterus but I apparently have some sentimental attachment to it. Crazy huh. I am more nervous about this surgery than I have been about other surgery's in the past too. I have had a lot of nervous energy that in a funny way reminds me of the "nesting" I did before the kids were born. I have scrubbed the bathrooms from top to bottom, cleaned out the toy closet in the playroom, and have a whole list of things still to do. If you could please keep me, Tim and the kids in your prayers. We are hoping that the Dr is going to be able to leave my ovary in place to retain the natural hormones. That is very important! Also, on the 11th, Claire has oral surgery and they are going to remove 5 teeth, repair a cavity, take xrays (that she freaks out about even talking about!) and a few other things. They are going to be putting her under to do all of this which makes me very nervous as a mother. Please keep her in your prayers too. Needless to say January is going to be a crazy month for us! Like I said Never a Dull Moment!

3 comments:

Cortney said...

Thinking of you and praying for you!!! Love ya!

Cristy said...

Hey Jill,
I know exactly how you are feeling. I had my hysterectomy this past summer and like you even though we were done having kids it was still weird. But I feel so much better and they were able to leave one ovary and I haven't had any hormonal problems. I'll be keeping you all in my prayers. Let me know how it goes.

Cristy Farley

Jamie said...

I didn't know you were having that done. I hope everything goes well. I'll be praying for you and your family!