Sunday, October 21, 2007

Arkansas State Fair

It is a Wood family tradition that has gone on as long as I have been alive to go to the fair. There were a few years in the 80's when the fair was too dangerous to go, but other than that we have gone every year. They have done a great job of getting control over it and making it a safe, fun place for families to go. This is a highlight of our year and seems to only get more fun with each passing year. This year was no exception because my kids were even able to ride some of the "big kid" rides. Their favorite (although they both say everything was their favorite) was the bumper cars. They thought that they were really cool stuff in there with everyone. I had fun myself and even broke down and rode the "Extreme" with Kayely. It was pretty cool and the best news is that I didn't puke. We were there from 4-10 and my kids were still mad that they had to leave. Fortunately, Claire had Friday off so we were able to stay until I was pretty sure they were about to fall over from exhaustion, no matter what the words were coming out of their mouths. Anyway, another year down, and in a way it makes me sad because I know that next year they will be able to ride even more of the "big kid" rides. Oh yeah, this was also the first year in 7 years that we didn't take a stroller with us. Tim and I both were a little sad about that. Them growing up is a little tough to take sometimes. Enjoy every minute of your kids! Enjoy the pics!


Claire loves the Merry-Go-Round!


Brock and his twin four years apart

We saw Jana and Kacey Rousell out there and they joined us for a few rides.



Brock and Tim were going to go on the Haunted House!

The kids always love having Heidi & Pops around!












0 comments: