Wednesday, October 3, 2007

I LOVE NASCAR!










Okay for those of you who don't know (I am not sure how you missed it), I love NASCAR. It is so cool to me, and I just love going to races. I am one of those people who watch it, read about it, have a favorite driver, Tony Stewart, and have drivers that I despise, Kurt Busch and his brother Kyle. Anyway... This past weekend, courtesy of The Home Depot, Tim and I went to Kansas City for the race. Other than Tim getting the stomach virus on Saturday, a 4 hour rain delay on Sunday and a few minor setbacks, we had a great time. We had passes into the Hospitality Village, and I got to see Tony Stewart up close and in person. I also got to go down onto pit row and walk through the pit area. It was really awesome! Unfortunately, Tony got wrecked in the last 10 laps by Kurt Busch so he didn't win. As always, the people watching was amazing! I am not sure but that may be my favorite part. I couldn't not take pictures to share with you guys! I didn't even get to take a picture of the drunk guy falling in the mud as we were leaving. Tim wouldn't slow down long enough to let me get my camera so you can thank him. I am pretty sure that they explain themselves but feel free to shoot some questions my way. I am not sure what track I want to go to next but before I die I want to see a Daytona 500 in person. Hey a girl can dream!

6 comments:

Little Rock Real Estate said...

Wow, great pics. Are people really like that? I wouldn't have thought that you liked NASCAR. Pretty funny.

shelly dahl

Melissa Halford said...

I won't tell you then that Ryan, while buying toys for WMT, bought all the license NASCAR toys! Even been to Jrs. house...yet has never taken me to a race. I hear they are a blast and I would be beyond myself people watching. Love the muffin top pic!

Cortney said...

Hysterical! The guy with the 8 on his back....well, I am speechless!

Jill said...

Shelly, you couldn't believe half of what you see at the tracks. Mel, don't even tell me that kind of stuff because I may require Ryan to get me a job, and I will be moving my family to NWA. Cortney, Tim was thankful that I was speechless too. He for sure didn't want to tangle with that guy. God love them all!

Jill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Warriors said...

GROSS!!