Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Recipe of the Week

I was listening to the radio the other day (it was actually a station that I like) and heard something that gave me an idea. They were having people call in with recipes on Wednesdays. I love to cook and try new recipes, so this intrigued me. It has been said that I can hold my own in the kitchen, so I thought why not post a recipe each week (if I remember). It will amuse me to put some of my favorites out there, and it might help whoever is reading my blog to have a supper idea. So I will start with what I made last night, a good stand by of Chicken Noodle Soup. I will mention that there are a lot of times that I just start throwing things together and sometimes they turn out, but there are other times the dog won't eat them. Don't worry I will only post the good ones. Hope that you enjoy. If you like the idea then post join me in a weekly post on your blog and let me know. If you ever have a request for something let me know and I will try and mix it up with entrees, desserts, appitizers, etc.



Chicken Noodle Soup

1 package of boneless chicken breast (boiled and shredded) - don't get rid of the water!

1 package of your favorite noodles cooked

1 bundle of green onions finely chopped (or a white onion but green onions cook better)

3 carrots cooked in the water from the chicken for about 6 minutes

3 stalks of celery cooked with the carrots

1 or 2 cans of Chicken Broth (depending on how much soup you want to make)

3 tablespoons of lemon juice

1/2 cup heavy cream (I didn't say this was low fat)



Here is where it all gets tricky because you have to do these to taste but I will give you a starting place...

2 tsp salt

1 tsp pepper

1/2 tsp dry mustard

1 tsp basil

1 tsp oregano



Add all the ingredients (including the water that you cooked the chicken, celery and carrots in into a crock pot (or a large pot depending on how long you have before serving the soup) and cook until it reaches the temp you want. Remember if you get it too spicy you can always add milk or the cream to tone it down. Happy soup eating!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Jill,

Love the idea! I will definitely be tuning in to see what you post. I love to try new recipes too!

The Warriors said...

Okay...I'm going to try to join you in this endeavour! Looking forward to the recipes!!