Monday, December 10, 2007

It keeps getting better!

This year was the 2nd annual girls trip to Dallas, and it did not disappoint! I hope that you have a great group of friends, because I do. Last year, a group of 6 of us ventured down to Dallas for a fun night away and a day of shopping. We had so much fun that on our way home we decided that this year we had to make it a full weekend away. GOOD THINKING! This year our group grew by 4 which was such a blessing. I laughed so much that I am pretty sure that I didn't gain any weight from the extra food I ate (yeah right!). It is so nice to know that you have friends that know how to laugh together until you hurt, but can also cry together when you hurt. I know that God looked down on us this weekend and said "that is GOOD". What an amazing thing to know that you have friendships that were designed by our creator and Lord. One thing that I have to say about this group is that no one takes themselves too seriously, and really there is no limit that some will go to make the rest of the group laugh.


This is Brooke and Myra as we were getting ready to go eat. Myra took off her costume but Brooke wore the wig to the restaurant. It ended up getting passed around and most of us took a turn wearing it. Our waiter didn't know what to think of us.

Cortney looks cute even with a mullet!

We had the same waiter that we had last year!

Tina Pilgreen with her "Power to the Peeps!"

"Redneck Lelah" finds her true love Joe Dirt!

Saturday we had a day of pure Christmas shopping. I found some awesome gifts that I can't wait to give. Shopping is something that I absolutely LOVE to do, and getting to shop with my friends, well that was a piece of heaven. I think the best store however was when we all started trying on things that we would never wear. Tina and Susan won the award but I promised them that I wouldn't put the pictures on the blog. However, I do have them in case I ever need them! That night we went to Dave & Busters and watched Darren McFadden get the shaft once again from the Heisman voters. He will always be the Heisman trophy winner in my book! We played games in the arcade which was great. We found out that none of us will ever do the following: win Dancing with the Stars, play pro basketball, drive on the NASCAR circuit, race snowmobiles or be a jump roping champion. That is fine because we are experts at having the best time possible!

In closing, I want to say something about my friends that joined me on this years adventure. I can't say enough how much I love, respect and can't get enough of you guys. You make my life so much fun to live! It is times like this weekend that I know that heaven is going to be a constant party. I am already excited for our trip next year!

0 comments: