Friday, February 1, 2008

Kindergarten Registration Already!



Claire's 1st day of kindergarten 2006

Well friends, it has happened. I had to register Brock for kindergarten. Ouch! I just can't believe that it is almost time for my baby to go to school! It is breaking my heart! I promised the girls in the school office that I will start taking valium at the beginning of August. It was so hard for me when Claire went to Kindergarten, and that very first day I began dreading the day he would go. It has always been a very hard thing for me because I felt that I got cheated out of my time with Claire. If you don't know, Claire had a reaction to her MMR that caused speech and developmental delays. (I feel the need to insert here that I want it known that I am not against immunizations, and feel they serve a huge need in our society today. However, I am strongly opposed to the time and porportions in which they are given. No person, much less a child, should ever be given more than 2 immunizations at a time. Yet the medical community continues to give these babies 4 and 5 at a time even with autism and other developmental issues being diagnosed at epidemic, yes epidemic, levels. The MMR specifically should not be given to the average child until they are 4 years old. IF your child has been on extended antibiotic use they are at an even higher risk to have a reaction to the MMR. If you are a young mother reading this blog Please, PLEASE consider delaying the MMR until your child is older. The pediatrician will tell you there is not a connection between the two, but for every pediatrician that tells you this, I can give you the names of 10 parents who will tell you differently. For those of us who are living this life of severe consequences, we are not trying to protect ourselves from a malpractice lawsuit, but trying to spread the information we were so sunsuspectingly slapped with living. Your children deserve the time for you to at least consider it. ) I am off my soapbox now... anyway, Claire had to go to a full-time developmental preschool at the age of 3 which broke my heart. I always felt that I missed out on time that I was supposed to have with her. It was a very difficult time in my life, but doing the best thing for my daughter had to come first over my wishes. That is why I have cherished my time with Brock so much. I have enjoyed (almost) every minute with him. He has been my little buddy that has done everything with me, and to think of doing things by myself really makes me sad. So as I can see the dawn of a new day in my life coming, I am thinking I am going to try and sleep in as late as I can. I plan to make the months between now and August really special, and do lots of fun things. Go to McDonalds and play for lunch, go to Chuck E Cheese to hang out on rainy days, and basically make as many memories as I am going to need to carry me through the next 18 years! Once again for you young mothers, it sounds so cliche to say this but you can't imagine how fast these years go! I promise it was yesterday that I found out we were finally expecting Claire, and now she is half way through 1st grade. Cherish these years because once they are gone there is no turning back the clock!





Can you imagine what a basket case I will be when these two leave for college?

6 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

I'm right there with you! And, thanks for writing about the MMR. It's so important for others to know the consequences. Some day I am going to write about Evan's story on my blog...just haven't felt up to it yet! I'm sure you understand. Love reading your blog!

The Warriors said...

Did you forget how HUGE your wahoos used to be?? I did...

Jill said...

Jeni - it is when I look at that picture more than any other that I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO thankful to have had the surgery! It is quite an unbelievable difference! Thank the good Lord for plastic surgeons!

JoEllyn said...

I'm with you on the kindergarten thing. I got a little teary after dropping Colin off for his k. screening on Saturday! We need to all go to breakfast together on the 1st day!

Jamie said...

Jill, I am terrified about Lincoln getting his MMR. After Hannah was diagnosed with JRA, I got on the Arthritis Foundation's website and was reading some message boards. There were some moms on there that really thought their child's arthritis was due to the MMR. Of course that made me question if Hannah's could be related. I think I feel pretty certain that it was not, but honestly just the slighted little doubt has left me terrified for Linc. I talked to his doctor about my concerns at his 1 year check-up a couple of weeks ago. Of course, he assured me that the benefits to the immunizations outweigh the risks. I'm still terrified!!!!!

Kelly B. said...

I can't believe Brock is going to kindergarten!! I remember my first experience with all the Bittles at the lake house when Josh and I just started dating. I got to hold Brock. He was just a little baby I think 9 months or so...Time goes by so fast!!